Connect with us


RTP definition: the complete guide




If you’ve been playing online slots for some time, you’ve undoubtedly heard the phrase RTP stated several times. To discover more about RTP slots, keep reading. On this page, you will find all the information you want if you are unsure of what it implies.

We will cover all you need to know about RTP, how it relates to slots, and how it might affect the games you choose to play (or not). Check out our helpful tutorial on return-to-player payout rates and RTP slots. What it is, how to calculate it, and how to use it to your advantage when playing online slots.

Return-to-player (RTP) definition for slots

Are you curious about the RTP for slots? RTP is the sum of all bets made on a slot machine that are returned to you as winnings or jackpots. Return-to-player, then, is the likelihood of winning at a particular slot machine.

The calculation of slot RTP

It takes some effort to set up return-to-player for slot machines. In addition, the difficulty increases as the game’s complexity increases. Game developers must work out all the details so that the game yields exactly the predicted percentage when there are several pay lines and features.

Additionally, keep in mind that the RTP’s distribution might change. A slot machine with a 98% RTP will, overall, return 98% of the money wagered on it over an endless number of spins.

In most circumstances, RTP is utilised to determine the payout to gamblers over a specific period of time. The percentages estimate the victories in addition to describing the RTP. The amount of winnings returned to you increases with the size of the wagers.

Always remember

In every casino, each slot machine has a unique RTP %. Casinos may often set the RTP to be between 80% and 98%. A vlt or slot machine pays you back after a set amount of time based on the RTP % allotted to that particular machine. This is a significant advantage that is assessed over the long run for both players and houses. The return on investment (RTP) of a slot machine with a 20% house advantage is 80%.

Over time, that particular machine will generate 20% of income while giving you and other players a reasonable chance of recovering 80% of all wagers.

Variance and RTP. Is there a distinction?

RTP and variance are often mixed up in gaming. For better comprehension, variance is the primary cause of two slot games with differing payout frequencies having the same return-to-player.

Low volatility slot machines will provide tiny, regular payouts. Slot machines with a greater variance, on the other hand, will frequently provide jackpots or extra features that pay out big sums of money. Two slot machines, for instance, may have an RTP of 95%. The low variance one will pay out more frequently but in smaller sums over 100 $1 spins. Although it pays out less frequently, the high volatility slot has greater payouts.

Be advised

Online slots will never pay out at regular intervals, hence the RTP calculation for slots is only theoretical. This is due to the fact that slot machines that return $95 after 100 spins are not at all thrilling. Instead, each spin’s rng assures that anything is possible.

The following are the top three slot machine RTP myths:

RTP slots on gambling websites are manipulated

This is completely untrue. It’s crucial to realise that the slot games players may access at RTP gaming sites are not their own. They merely lease gambling machines from software companies. These casino games are often kept on the servers of the software provider.

As a result, the casino website is unable to alter important variables like RTP. While some software providers do offer RTP Slot Hari Ini changes for certain games, online casinos are unable to alter the game’s randomization.

RTP is completely irrelevant for a single session.

This is both true and false, though. It is true that anything may happen within a single slot session, and real RTP is unlikely to be achieved in any case. Nevertheless, this fact is not as crucial.

A slot machine with a 96% RTP will pay out more than one with an 85% RTP. You may win and lose on both, but a slot game with a higher RTP will undoubtedly provide you more opportunities to win.


Progressive jackpots may have an impact on a slot game’s actual return to player (RTP).

Well, contrary to what a lot of gamblers think, this isn’t always the case. Progressive jackpot slots could claim to have an RTP of 94%. However, you should be aware that a portion of that RTP is typically generated by progressive jackpots.

You will be playing the slot machine with an RTP far lower than what is promised unless you get the jackpot. Opt for a casino with a higher RTP for the greatest experience.

Find your favorite online slot game using RTP

Playing a casino game is usually more enjoyable if you sometimes succeed. To determine which slots to play, it is crucial to utilise the RTP values of the machines. Rankings on popularity lists for casino games and RTP figures are consistently correlated.

As was already established, many gamers like slots with a higher RTP. The fact that there are several possibilities is a positive thing. You may choose a great starting point by taking into account the details offered on this page.

The conclusion

Knowing exactly what RTP in gambling implies is crucial when choosing a slot game. It may be quite discouraging to play a game that you have no prior knowledge of, not to mention the possibility of financial loss.

The finest slots will have a high RTP, a distinctive look, a compelling storyline, and a tonne of features. Beautiful aesthetic styles and engaging gameplay must be in perfect harmony. In general, having thorough understanding about RTP slots will enable you to make the best decision.

Does having a higher RTP have any benefits?

Yes, you have a better probability of winning with a higher RTP. A theoretical statistical computation of averages is the return-to-player. As a result, it chooses the value that will be given to you. Although it doesn’t guarantee a win, it gives you a higher chance of recovering some of your cumulative losses.

  1. Does RTP have a frequency connection?

Hit frequency and RTP are not the same. Slot machines with lower win frequencies but larger rewards exist. Additionally, there are slots with larger jackpots but smaller payouts.

Both of these slot machines have a 97% RTP potential. However, one may have an 8% victory frequency while the other may only have 3%.

  1. Does every slot game have access to the RTP value?

RTP must to be visible in every position. Whether it’s an online casino or a physical casino, they should all make them accessible to the public.

The RTP is typically published in the information section of gaming websites. RTP slots can also be discovered on the website of the software provider.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *